portmaster embarrassingly simple question (y- option)

portmaster embarrassingly simple question (y- option)

Jakub Lach
===>>> Starting check for runtime dependencies
===>>> Gathering dependency list for archivers/unzip from ports
===>>> No dependencies for archivers/unzip
===>>> Installing package

===>>> Installation of archivers/unzip (unzip-6.0_1) succeeded

===>>> Delete unzip60.tar.gz? y/n [n]

What option do I need to specify with -y to automatically answer those?

I've tried --clean-distfiles, --clean-packages but it's not it.

It usually happens when doing portmaster --packages-build --delete-build-only
build.

Re: portmaster embarrassingly simple question (y- option)

Dean E. Weimer
-d tells it to always delete old files without prompting.

Thanks,
     Dean Weimer

On Jul 3, 2012, at 5:29 AM, Jakub Lach <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ===>>> Starting check for runtime dependencies
> ===>>> Gathering dependency list for archivers/unzip from ports
> ===>>> No dependencies for archivers/unzip
> ===>>> Installing package
>
> ===>>> Installation of archivers/unzip (unzip-6.0_1) succeeded
>

> ===>>> Delete unzip60.tar.gz? y/n [n]
>
> What option do I need to specify with -y to automatically answer those?
>
> I've tried --clean-distfiles, --clean-packages but it's not it.
>
> It usually happens when doing portmaster --packages-build
> --delete-build-only
> build.

Re: portmaster embarrassingly simple question (y- option)

Bas Smeelen
On 07/03/2012 12:29 PM, Jakub Lach wrote:

> ===>>> Starting check for runtime dependencies
> ===>>> Gathering dependency list for archivers/unzip from ports
> ===>>> No dependencies for archivers/unzip
> ===>>> Installing package
>
> ===>>> Installation of archivers/unzip (unzip-6.0_1) succeeded
>

> ===>>> Delete unzip60.tar.gz? y/n [n]
>
> What option do I need to specify with -y to automatically answer those?

Hi
-d

> I've tried --clean-distfiles, --clean-packages but it's not it.
>
> It usually happens when doing portmaster --packages-build
> --delete-build-only
> build.

Disclaimer: http://www.ose.nl/email

Re: portmaster embarrassingly simple question (y- option)

Iqbal Aroussi
Hi Jakub,

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Dean E. Weimer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> -d tells it to always delete old files without prompting.
>
> Thanks,
>      Dean Weimer
>
> On Jul 3, 2012, at 5:29 AM, Jakub Lach <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > ===>>> Starting check for runtime dependencies
> > ===>>> Gathering dependency list for archivers/unzip from ports
> > ===>>> No dependencies for archivers/unzip
> > ===>>> Installing package
> >
> > ===>>> Installation of archivers/unzip (unzip-6.0_1) succeeded
> >

> > ===>>> Delete unzip60.tar.gz? y/n [n]
> >
> > What option do I need to specify with -y to automatically answer those?
> >
> > I've tried --clean-distfiles, --clean-packages but it's not it.
> >
> > It usually happens when doing portmaster --packages-build
> > --delete-build-only
> > build.

usually I use: portmaster -dbg <port>

-b  create and keep a backup package of an installed port
-g  create a package of the new port
-d  always clean distfiles

Best Regards

Iqbal A.

Re: portmaster embarrassingly simple question (y- option)

Jakub Lach
Excellent, I knew I was missing something simple.

Thanks!

Re: portmaster embarrassingly simple question (y- option)

Jakub Lach
Now I see that I even used -d in my own portupdating
wrapper, but forgot about it and it's meaning, embarrassing.

Re: portmaster embarrassingly simple question (y- option)

Matthew Seaman-5
On 03/07/2012 13:06, Bas Smeelen wrote:
> On 07/03/2012 12:29 PM, Jakub Lach wrote:

>> What option do I need to specify with -y to automatically answer those?

> -d

Add this to ${LOCALBASE}/etc/portmaster.rc

ALWAYS_SCRUB_DISTFILES=dopt

if that's something you're going to be doing all the time.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.