Quantcast

problem with Banana PI R1 Network Adapter

problem with Banana PI R1 Network Adapter

freebsd-embedded mailing list
Hi guys,

I Tried two different versions of FreeBSD image on Banana PI R1 board (BPI with 5 network ports) But I have same problem with setting up network in both:
https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/arm/armv6/ISO-IMAGES/11.0/FreeBSD-11.0-RELEASE-arm-armv6-BANANAPI.img.xzhttp://download.raspbsd.org/FreeBSD-armv6-12.0-ALLWINNER-310828.img.gz
As I read in board's manual and checked on linux, It supposed to give us one interface that is reachable via either port of device (like a bridge). In installed FreeBSD, It gives me one interface (dwc0) but it gets active only if I plug the cable to Port-2 (connecting cable to any other port will result in interface remaining "no carrier"), and even with port-2 I don't have any ping or connection whatsoever (checking with tcpdump, no packet is getting in or out of device)
Does anyone have any experience with this board to help me?
Thank you.

Re: problem with Banana PI R1 Network Adapter

Michael Zhilin-2
Hi,

This board has ethernet switch chip BCM53125 which connects SoC (dwc0) and
ethernet ports. Due to lack of FreeBSD support chip is not recognized by
images tasted by you.

Initial work to bring broadcom ethernet switches (aka RoboSwitch, brand
name) was done by ray@ as part of ZRouter project. Thanks to him, I've
managed to port it on etherswitch framework, it works for few models (for
integrated switches), but not for this one yet. This work is not yet landed
into FreeBSD SVN, I'm preparing code for it. Also I have one Banana Pi R1,
but not yet played on it.

Thanks,
   Michael

26 февр. 2017 г. 12:57 PM пользователь "M. V. via freebsd-embedded" <