python support in gtk-vnc

Andreas Nilsson-8
Hello,

I've been trying to get virt-manager to display the vnc-display, but it
requires gtk-vnc to be built with python support, which it is currently not
( not even offered as an OPTION ).

Could inclusion of --with-python for gtk-vnc be taken under consideration?

Best regards
Andreas

Re: python support in gtk-vnc

Koop Mast-2
On Thu, 2015-08-06 at 17:00 +0200, Andreas Nilsson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to get virt-manager to display the vnc-display, but
> it
> requires gtk-vnc to be built with python support, which it is
> currently not
> ( not even offered as an OPTION ).
>
> Could inclusion of --with-python for gtk-vnc be taken under
> consideration?

This is a bit of a problem, since gtk-vnc is currently gtk3 based (for
vinagre etc). And the python support is based on pygtk2 which is
disabled when build agains gtk3. Adding a gtk-vnc port build agains
gtk2 isn't really a good solution since both gtk-vnc ports will
conflict then.

I will have to think about this some more.

-Koop

> Best regards
> Andreas

Re: python support in gtk-vnc

Ting-Wei Lan
於 六,2015-08-08 於 19:49 +0200,Koop Mast 提到:
> On Thu, 2015-08-06 at 17:00 +0200, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've been trying to get virt-manager to display the vnc-display,
> > but
> > it
> > requires gtk-vnc to be built with python support, which it is
> > currently not
> > ( not even offered as an OPTION ).

virt-manager is already ported to gtk3, so it should not need gtk-vnc
python binding to work because it use gobject-introspection-based
binding instead. You can find this in /usr/local/share/virt
-manager/virtManager/console.py:

from gi.repository import GtkVnc

Do you have the latest version of virt-manager installed? VNC in virt
-manager 1.1.0 works on my system when I connect to a remote Xen host.