"gptzfsboot: No ZFS pools located, can't boot." - What am I doing wrong?

"gptzfsboot: No ZFS pools located, can't boot." - What am I doing wrong?

Hubert Hauser
I'm trying to do FreeBSD dual-boot with Debian on legacy BIOS. My
partition scheme is:

 - /dev/ada0 (gpt)
  - /dev/ada0p1 (bios boot)
  - /dev/ada0p2 (linux filesystem)
  - /dev/ada0p3 (linux filesystem)
  - /dev/ada0p4 (freebsd boot)
  - /dev/ada0p5 (freebsd swap)
  - /dev/ada0p6 (freebsd zfs)

I've followed these instructions (link:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/MasonLoringBliss/LegacyZFSandGELI) but
unfortunately, I've got the following error during booting system:
"gptzfsboot: No ZFS pools located, can't boot."

What am I doing wrong?

Re: "gptzfsboot: No ZFS pools located, can't boot." - What am I doing wrong?

Allan Jude-9
On 2018-12-07 19:14, Hubert Hauser wrote:

> I'm trying to do FreeBSD dual-boot with Debian on legacy BIOS. My
> partition scheme is:
>
>  - /dev/ada0 (gpt)
>   - /dev/ada0p1 (bios boot)
>   - /dev/ada0p2 (linux filesystem)
>   - /dev/ada0p3 (linux filesystem)
>   - /dev/ada0p4 (freebsd boot)
>   - /dev/ada0p5 (freebsd swap)
>   - /dev/ada0p6 (freebsd zfs)
>
> I've followed these instructions (link:
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/MasonLoringBliss/LegacyZFSandGELI) but
> unfortunately, I've got the following error during booting system:
> "gptzfsboot: No ZFS pools located, can't boot."
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Can you provide the output for `gpart show`

Are your disks encrypted? Make sure they are set for geliboot: geli
configure -g adaXpY

--
Allan Jude