rc.conf: select fib for dhclient

Brendan Inglese
Hi,

I need some configuration settings for setting up multiple public network
interfaces.

Question one ( Using pf )

How would I set this up using pf on 2 public interfaces and a loopback?

Question two ( Using fibs )

I want to select a particular fib for dhclient to use in rc.conf. I want it
to create a whole new routing table

If I do:

ifconfig_if1="DHCP fib 1"

It will run dhclient but not create a default route in the second table.

If I pop:

setfib 1 dhclient if1

Into rc.local, on reboot it does exactly what I want it to do.

Thanks!
Brendan.

Re: rc.conf: select fib for dhclient

Hajimu UMEMOTO
Hi,

brendan> I want to select a particular fib for dhclient to use in rc.conf. I want it
brendan> to create a whole new routing table

brendan> If I do:

brendan> ifconfig_if1="DHCP fib 1"

brendan> It will run dhclient but not create a default route in the second table.

brendan> If I pop:

brendan> setfib 1 dhclient if1

brendan> Into rc.local, on reboot it does exactly what I want it to do.

Perhaps, following works for you:

  ifconfig_if1="DHCP"
  dhclient_fib="1"

Sincerely,

--
Hajimu UMEMOTO
[hidden email]  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org

Re: rc.conf: select fib for dhclient

Brendan Inglese
Hi,

I've tried that actually and it seemed to run dhclient on fib 1 for all
interfaces.

I gave up on the fib option I've recently just found a solution using pf.

Cheers,
Brendan.

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 5:23 AM, Hajimu UMEMOTO <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,

> brendan> I want to select a particular fib for dhclient to use in rc.conf.
> I want it
> brendan> to create a whole new routing table
>
> brendan> If I do:
>
> brendan> ifconfig_if1="DHCP fib 1"
>
> brendan> It will run dhclient but not create a default route in the second
> table.
>
> brendan> If I pop:
>
> brendan> setfib 1 dhclient if1
>
> brendan> Into rc.local, on reboot it does exactly what I want it to do.
>
> Perhaps, following works for you:
>
>   ifconfig_if1="DHCP"
>   dhclient_fib="1"
>
> Sincerely,