rc file for tomcat startup under FreeBSD?

rc file for tomcat startup under FreeBSD?

Christoph Kukulies-2

How do I usually start tomcat on FreeBSD (6.0)?
Do I put startup.sh in /usr/local/etc/rc.d?
--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku_at_kukulies.org

Re: rc file for tomcat startup under FreeBSD?

Melvyn Sopacua
On Thursday 15 December 2005 17:06, Christoph Kukulies wrote:
> How do I usually start tomcat on FreeBSD (6.0)?
> Do I put startup.sh in /usr/local/etc/rc.d?

There should be a tomcat-*.sh in /usr/local/etc/rc.d already.
Run it like:
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/tomcat*.sh rcvar

It'll give you the variable name to set to "YES" in /etc/rc.conf so it starts
up. Probably something like jakarta_tomcat559_enable="YES".

(This procedure can be used for any daemons that install scripts
in /usr/local/etc/rc.d)
--
Melvyn Sopacua
[hidden email]