request

Mohammad Eslami
hi.
good evening.
i did your instructions for install gnome3 on freebsd on my virtual box.
but when reboot my machine it doesn't boot gnome.
what shall i do?

Re: request

Warren Block
On Mon, 27 Jun 2016, Mohammad Eslami wrote:

> hi.
> good evening.
> i did your instructions for install gnome3 on freebsd on my virtual box.
> but when reboot my machine it doesn't boot gnome.
> what shall i do?

The freebsd-gnome mailing list at
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-gnome

is probably the place to ask.  If the documentation needs corrections,
we can do that.

Thanks!

Re: request

Allan Jude-9
On 2016-06-27 12:41, Warren Block wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Jun 2016, Mohammad Eslami wrote:
>
>> hi.
>> good evening.
>> i did your instructions for install gnome3 on freebsd on my virtual box.
>> but when reboot my machine it doesn't boot gnome.
>> what shall i do?
>
> The freebsd-gnome mailing list at
>
> is probably the place to ask.  If the documentation needs corrections,
> we can do that.
>
> Thanks!

Make sure you have:

gnome_enable="YES"

in /etc/rc.conf, otherwise the login manager will not start by default,
and you will have to manually run 'startx' to have gnome3 start.

--
Allan Jude

Re: request

Ben Woods
On Monday, 27 June 2016, Allan Jude <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2016-06-27 12:41, Warren Block wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 27 Jun 2016, Mohammad Eslami wrote:
>>
>> hi.
>>> good evening.
>>> i did your instructions for install gnome3 on freebsd on my virtual box.
>>> but when reboot my machine it doesn't boot gnome.
>>> what shall i do?
>>>

>> The freebsd-gnome mailing list at
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-gnome
>>
>> is probably the place to ask.  If the documentation needs corrections,
>> we can do that.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> Make sure you have:
>
> gnome_enable="YES"
>
> in /etc/rc.conf, otherwise the login manager will not start by default,
> and you will have to manually run 'startx' to have gnome3 start.
>
> --
> Allan Jude

I think you also need the following in rc.conf:
gdm_enable="YES"

Regards,
Ben

From: Benjamin Woods