ru.KOI8-R different based upon LANG setting

ru.KOI8-R different based upon LANG setting

Sean C. Farley-2
Recently, I noticed when doing comparisons of files that running the
following (part of make buildworld) gives different results if run with
LANG=en_US.UTF-8 versus LANG=C (or no LANG) in the environment.

sed -f /usr/src/contrib/groff/tmac/strip.sed /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/groff/tmac/ru.KOI8-R

This is the line that generates /usr/share/tmac/mdoc/ru.KOI8-R.  The
other generations (i.e., fr.ISO8859-1) do not have differences.

gsed generates the same difference, so I suspect something in libc.
Since I know barely anything with NLS, I wanted to report this.
freebsd-i18n looked like the best choice.

Sean