using wifi usbkey and ethernet on rpi3-b

using wifi usbkey and ethernet on rpi3-b

tech-lists
Hi,

context: freebsd-12-rc3, raspberry pi3-b, external usb-connected hd,
2.5A PSU

Has anyone tried using a wifi interface (usb key format) and ethernet at
the same time? There is also a usb connected hard drive. I was wondering
if the wifi might interrupt the ethernet or the hard drive. Aren't they
all the same interface electronically? ie the usb/ethernet is more like
a usb bus.

thanks,
--
J.

Re: using wifi usbkey and ethernet on rpi3-b

Ronald Klop
On Mon, 03 Dec 2018 06:46:31 +0100, tech-lists <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> context: freebsd-12-rc3, raspberry pi3-b, external usb-connected hd,
> 2.5A PSU
>
> Has anyone tried using a wifi interface (usb key format) and ethernet at
> the same time? There is also a usb connected hard drive. I was wondering
> if the wifi might interrupt the ethernet or the hard drive. Aren't they
> all the same interface electronically? ie the usb/ethernet is more like
> a usb bus.
>
> thanks,

Indeed these devices all share the USB bus. (I don't know all the internal
details) Should work normally, but depends on your use case if it performs
enough.

I run a 3b+ with ethernet and usb-ssd connected,

Regards,
Ronald.

On Tue, Dec 04, 2018 at 09:22:20PM +0100, Ronald Klop wrote:

>Indeed these devices all share the USB bus. (I don't know all the internal
>details) Should work normally, but depends on your use case if it performs
>enough.
>
>I run a 3b+ with ethernet and usb-ssd connected,

Hi,

Thanks for your input. I now have ethernet, wireless and usb rust-based
hd connected, and all seems to be working ok for now.
--
J.