when compile,gcc can not work?

jyl_2006
Anyone who encounter this problem?
checking whether the complier (gcc -L/usr/local/v6/lib) works... no

The gcc version is 4.2.1 20070719 .And if I complie a simple program such as hello,world. It works well,but when I compile mozilla,it shows the problme?

Thanks in advance.

Re: when compile,gcc can not work?

Lowell Gilbert-2
jyl_2006 <[hidden email]> writes:

> Anyone who encounter this problem?
> checking whether the complier (*gcc -L/usr/local/v6/lib*) works... no
>
> The gcc version is 4.2.1 20070719 .And if I complie a simple program such as
> hello,world. It works well,but when I compile mozilla,it shows the problme?

Use the ports system; handling this sort of thing is exactly what it's
there for.

Re: when compile,gcc can not work?

jyl_2006
For some reason,I want to compile the source code of mozilla,so i can not use port.

http://freebsd.1045724.n5.nabble.com/when-compile-gcc-can-not-work-tp4586491p4587204.html
To unsubscribe from when compile,gcc can not work?, click here.

Re: when compile,gcc can not work?

Lowell Gilbert-2
jyl_2006 <[hidden email]> writes:

> For some reason,I want to compile the source code of mozilla,so i can not
> use port.

Then you need to have more knowledge of what you're doing than the ports
system requires.  It looks like it's the configure script that fails,
but you have shown very little of your problem and I can't reproduce
that particular error on my (RELENG_8) system.

I suggest you look into the port anyway, and take some hints from what
it does.