www/epiphany wants graphics/gdk-pixbuf that's not available in ports

www/epiphany wants graphics/gdk-pixbuf that's not available in ports

bob prohaska
For some reason the port of www/epiphany is asking for a  version
of graphics/gdk-pixbuf (2.36.5) later than the most recent version
available via svn ( 2.32.3).

Perhaps more curiously, when looking in graphics/gdk-pixbuf the directory
listing reports the presence of gdk-pixbuf-0.22.0 which seems most
confusing. That's the source directory which gave rise to 2.32.3 found
by www/epiphany.

Is something entirely mixed up? This is on RPI2 running -current, but
that isn't obviously relevant: Far as I can see, port names aren't platform
specific. I.e., "ports is ports". (apologies to Walt Kelley)

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska

Re: www/epiphany wants graphics/gdk-pixbuf that's not available in ports

Koop Mast-2
On Wed, 2017-05-17 at 20:16 -0700, bob prohaska wrote:

Hi,

> For some reason the port of www/epiphany is asking for a  version
> of graphics/gdk-pixbuf (2.36.5) later than the most recent version
> available via svn ( 2.32.3).

Epiphany depends on graphics/gdk-pixbuf2 not the really older gdk-
pixbuf.

> Perhaps more curiously, when looking in graphics/gdk-pixbuf the
> directory
> listing reports the presence of gdk-pixbuf-0.22.0 which seems most
> confusing. That's the source directory which gave rise to 2.32.3
> found
> by www/epiphany.

I think your trying to build ports from the HEAD ports tree, but have
quartery packages installed. Gdk-pixbuf2 was updated to 2.36 in April,
so that version is not available as a package in the 2017Q2 quartery
branch.

-Koop

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 08:09:06PM +0200, Koop Mast wrote:

> Epiphany depends on graphics/gdk-pixbuf2 not the really older gdk-
> pixbuf.

That's the key point I had missed, thanks for clarifying!

> I think your trying to build ports from the HEAD ports tree, but have
> quartery packages installed. Gdk-pixbuf2 was updated to 2.36 in April,
> so that version is not available as a package in the 2017Q2 quartery
> branch.

The ports tree has been maintained with svn. This is an ARM system
(RPI2) so packages are of no (or very little) direct use.

The dependencies are still causing trouble, so I've decided to give
portmaster a try. Last time I tried portmaster it wasn't much help,
but that was a long time ago. At this stage there's little to lose.

Many thanks for your reply!

bob prohaska