www/waterfox: Why is it deprecated?

Naram Qashat
Hi Jan,

I was wondering why www/waterfox currently has a deprecation notice for
2018-03-20 of "Temporary experiment". Are there no plans to keep
Waterfox in the ports tree as an alternative to Firefox? The project
appears to be an active fork of Firefox.

Thanks,
Naram Qashat

Re: www/waterfox: Why is it deprecated?

Naram Qashat
On 2018-02-28 06:22, Naram Qashat wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> I was wondering why www/waterfox currently has a deprecation notice
> for 2018-03-20 of "Temporary experiment". Are there no plans to keep
> Waterfox in the ports tree as an alternative to Firefox? The project
> appears to be an active fork of Firefox.
>
> Thanks,
> Naram Qashat

Hi Jan,

I never got a reply to this inquiry, and the port looks to be set to
expire in a week. I notice you still commit changes to the port as well.
Is the port really going to be removed next week?

Thanks,
Naram Qashat