x11-wm/windowmaker and x11-wm/libwraster

x11-wm/windowmaker and x11-wm/libwraster

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr
I have an issue with upgrading windowmaker in that it now pulls in
x11-wm/libwraster and they both want to install a man page in the same
place[0], unfortunately the proposed workaround[1] doesn't work. Anyone
have any other ideas? Again, I have done all the steps in the pr and
build fails as libwraster is automatically pulled in and attempts to
build before windowmaker does.

[0]: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=176175
[1]: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/175955
--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL
http://copyfree.org/licenses/owl/license.txt

Re: x11-wm/windowmaker and x11-wm/libwraster

Olivier Smedts
2013/2/19 Joseph A. Nagy, Jr <[hidden email]>:
> I have an issue with upgrading windowmaker in that it now pulls in
> x11-wm/libwraster and they both want to install a man page in the same
> place[0], unfortunately the proposed workaround[1] doesn't work. Anyone have
> any other ideas? Again, I have done all the steps in the pr and build fails
> as libwraster is automatically pulled in and attempts to build before
> windowmaker does.
>
> [0]: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=176175
> [1]: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/175955

Can you try deinstalling windowmaker before (re)installing it ? It
seems the update can't be performed because WindowMaker-0.95.4 needs
libwraster-0.95.4, but libwraster-0.95.4 installs a file in the same
place than your old WindowMaker-0.95.3. That's not allowed by pkgng
(are you using 10-CURRENT BTW ?).

There should be a procedure to solve this case in /usr/ports/UPDATING.
Please ask the maintainer to add one if reinstalling windowmaker works
for you.

Cheers

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."

On 02/19/13 09:45, Olivier Smedts wrote:

> 2013/2/19 Joseph A. Nagy, Jr <[hidden email]>:
>> I have an issue with upgrading windowmaker in that it now pulls in
>> x11-wm/libwraster and they both want to install a man page in the same
>> place[0], unfortunately the proposed workaround[1] doesn't work. Anyone have
>> any other ideas? Again, I have done all the steps in the pr and build fails
>> as libwraster is automatically pulled in and attempts to build before
>> windowmaker does.
>>
>> [0]: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=176175
>> [1]: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/175955
>
> Can you try deinstalling windowmaker before (re)installing it ? It
> seems the update can't be performed because WindowMaker-0.95.4 needs
> libwraster-0.95.4, but libwraster-0.95.4 installs a file in the same
> place than your old WindowMaker-0.95.3. That's not allowed by pkgng
> (are you using 10-CURRENT BTW ?).

I got that much, and will follow that procedure
(deinstalling/reinstalling Windowaker) as much as I dislike it.

 From the first link:
FreeBSD alex-laptop 9.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE #8: Tue Jan 22
14:00:27 CST 2013 root@alex-laptop:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ALEX-LAPTOP amd64

> There should be a procedure to solve this case in /usr/ports/UPDATING.

I haven't been able to find anything.

> Please ask the maintainer to add one if reinstalling windowmaker works
> for you.
>
> Cheers

ports@ is the maintainer for WindowMaker and there is no maintainer
entry for libwraster

--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL
http://copyfree.org/licenses/owl/license.txt

Re: x11-wm/windowmaker and x11-wm/libwraster

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr
On 02/19/13 09:45, Olivier Smedts wrote:

> 2013/2/19 Joseph A. Nagy, Jr <[hidden email]>:
>> I have an issue with upgrading windowmaker in that it now pulls in
>> x11-wm/libwraster and they both want to install a man page in the same
>> place[0], unfortunately the proposed workaround[1] doesn't work. Anyone have
>> any other ideas? Again, I have done all the steps in the pr and build fails
>> as libwraster is automatically pulled in and attempts to build before
>> windowmaker does.
>>
>> [0]: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=176175
>> [1]: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/175955
>
> Can you try deinstalling windowmaker before (re)installing it ? It
<snip>

that did the trick.

# cd /usr/ports/x11-wm/windowmaker
# make rmconfig deinstall reinstall clean

libwraster installed just fine.