xen-kernel 4.12.1 unsupported amd family !? FreeBSD

xen-kernel 4.12.1 unsupported amd family !? FreeBSD

freebsd-xen mailing list
Hi Royger,

i want to inform you by freshports page but i forgett my pw and reset
doesnt work :(.

first one i don't know which one must be informed about this problem
(you or direct xen project, xen team by freebsd?). I have a amd epyc
system with two cpus. And xen tell me its a unsupported amd family. How
can be fix this problem?

its a supermicro board H11DSi-NT. (infos about it see attachment).

Best

  David

pciconf_lv (65K) Download Attachment
dmesg (23K) Download Attachment

Re: xen-kernel 4.12.1 unsupported amd family !? FreeBSD

freebsd-xen mailing list

On 2019-12-06 09:33, davidheinrichplanner wrote:

> Hi Royger,
>
> i want to inform you by freshports page but i forgett my pw and reset
> doesnt work :(.
>
> first one i don't know which one must be informed about this problem
> (you or direct xen project, xen team by freebsd?). I have a amd epyc
> system with two cpus. And xen tell me its a unsupported amd family.
> How can be fix this problem?
>
> its a supermicro board H11DSi-NT. (infos about it see attachment).
>
> Best
>
>  David

Re: xen-kernel 4.12.1 unsupported amd family !? FreeBSD

Roger Pau Monné-2
On Fri, Dec 06, 2019 at 09:33:44AM +0100, davidheinrichplanner wrote:
> Hi Royger,
>
> i want to inform you by freshports page but i forgett my pw and reset doesnt
> work :(.
>
> first one i don't know which one must be informed about this problem (you or
> direct xen project, xen team by freebsd?). I have a amd epyc system with two
> cpus. And xen tell me its a unsupported amd family. How can be fix this
> problem?

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Does Xen refuse to boot on such
system?

Can you please paste the Xen boot log showing the issue?

Thanks, Roger.